NEXT TRIP: Bali and Qatar in February 2018

It's been 2 months since I traveled abroad. Luckily, in 2 weeks I'm going to Bali, Indonesia! I've never been in that part of the world so it will be a whole new culture to explore.


We will stay in Bali for one week. The flights are from Helsinki, Finland by Qatar Airways. We've one stop at Qatar where we take a connecting flight to Bali.

We'll spend seven nights in a hotel there and explore the island. I guess that most of the time we just wander around and relax since we all (my family+our friends) have had a stressful winter. You can't imagine how happy I am to get to travel to a place, where it's actually warm. Here in Finland it's been around 0 degrees of Celcius and the forecast says that next week it might be under -15 degrees. Yay.

Some might avoid Bali in February since it's the rainy season there. One of the members of our group has a friend who lives in Bali permanently. She has told us that during the rainy season it only rains a few hours in the morning/noon and after that, it's just perfect weather. I'd actually like to experience a warm and tropical rain.

It's also convenient that Bali is a really cheap place to visit. Not as cheap as the rest of Indonesia, but cheap compared to European countries. Clothes, hotels, and food don't cost too much so I'll definitely enjoy the Indonesian cuisine there!'

One thing I can't wait for is the rice plantations. I have seen so many beautiful pictures of them that I can't wait to see them! I'd also like to experience the Bali swing, which is a popular place to take Instagram photos among the tourists. You can see photos of it here.

Temples play a big part in the sceneries in Bali. The main religion there is Hinduism. I've never been to a country where Hinduism would be the main religion so it's going to be interesting to see all the religious life as well.

We have also been thinking about snorkeling/scuba diving there but since I have only snorkeled before I'm not entirely sure about if I'd be able to scuba dive.

After our stay in Bali, we'll fly to Doha, Qatar, where we have a one-night stopover. In that time I can't see much of the city but at least I can see some bits of the culture.

I'm really looking forward to this trip - if you have any advice on what to do in Bali, just tell me! I'd be more than happy to hear your opinions on the best spots in Bali :)
-TH

Comments

  1. It's true that during the rainy season it will only rain a few hours! And the temperature will be okay, not like in northern Europe during rain. Enjoy it, it will be a beautiful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most scuba centres these days offer a 'Discover Scuba' session for uncertified aspirant divers. You won't get a license at the end of it, because it's not a proper training, but it gives you a taste of scuba diving and see if you like it enough to sign up for a proper course. If you can, do find out at the Green Fins website, whether there are scuba centres in Bali that's Green Fins certified. It means they are certified and are reviewed annually for incorporating sustainable practices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I've been twice to Bali and loved it. Qatar looks really interesting, so will be nice to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never been to Bali...waiting on you to write how the trip was...really eager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning to visit next year. Everyone that has been has absolutely enjoyed! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I strongly recommend you to visit Bromo and Ijen volcanoes on Java island. You can take 3 days tour. Anyway looking forward to your comments after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - I always like to know what not to do when traveling to a new place! click>> bali for more information .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment