SUMMER EXCHANGE CONFIRMATION


As you might know last summer I was in a language course in Brighton, UK. It was really nice but I wanted something more. The summer exchange sounded really interesting and is kinda similar to language course but this exchange program doesn't include studying school and it's not that much traveling in a group. You can read more about language courses here.

I had been thinking about an exchange for one year but then I thought that it might slow my studies too much and I don't want to be apart from my friends and family for that long. So after I decided that I wouldn't go to a year exchange, I started to think about summer exchange.


I applied to the summer exchange program last November. The application process took some time. I had to fill out some papers, contact numerous people, research the topic and otherwise prepare myself. The final application form was signed by me, my parents and the head of the local Lions organization in December. I was told that I'd get the confirmation about the exchange in February.


A month ago I got some quite exciting news - I was chosen for a summer exchange program! It's organized by Lions. And the country I'm going to... AUSTRALIA! So it's a dream come true! I have always wanted to visit Australia and now I finally get to spend 4 weeks there. I couldn't be more hyped about this.


The exchange is divided into two parts - family and camp. I'll stay three weeks in a family though I don't know yet where my family lives or who they are. Then, after living in the family, I'll stay a week in an international camp near Sydney. There I will meet people from different countries and we'll have activities together.

So, why did I choose to go with Lions Club? Well, I did some research on different companies that organize summer exchanges. I found out that almost all companies are commercial, but not Rotary or Lions Club. Then I discovered that Lions Club gives scholarships in my area and that Rotary's application had closed already. So, my choice wasn't hard to make. You can read more about Lions Club here.

I guess that people are interested in how much this whole program will cost. I got a scholarship from my local Lions Clubs and I'm extremely thankful for that. It helps a lot and the trip isn't that expensive. It's amazing how Lions Club helps people to achieve their dreams.

So far I don't know anything more, but I'll keep you updated when I get more information. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
-TH

Comments