THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR A TRAVELER


It's only 20 days until Christmas and the holiday season is raising its head. People are starting to wonder what to buy for Christmas. If you are a traveler or you know a traveler it might be hard to come up with a present for them since all they want is to travel. Here's an idea for you:

Packing cubes.


Yep. You might have heard of them. Packing cubes are small boxes that are designed to help packing. You can divide your stuff into different cubes in order to stay more organized during your trip. If you prefer backpacking, you can choose waterproof packing bags which help you find your stuff from your backpack.

I had seen packing cubes a few times and they always seemed like something I'd find very useful. Finally, I got them from Partioaitta which is a Finnish scout and outdoor store. I got three different sizes of packing cubes and two different sizes of waterproof packing bags.


I decided to try them when I went on a weekend trip to Helsinki, Finland. I had a suitcase with me so I used both - packing cubes and packing bags - in there. When I started to pack I wasn't exactly sure about how I should use them. I put my underwear into the smallest cube, a party outfit to the medium-sized, and shirts in the biggest one. I used the packing bags for pajamas, towel, and pants.

So the real question is did they actually help me during my trip? Yes, they did. I'm usually that type of person who goes into a hotel or a hostel, opens their suitcase, and takes stuff out without packing it back there. Packing cubes and bags helped me to stay organized. I always put my clothes back to the cube or bag I took them from which made my life a whole lot easier, for example when I tried to choose an outfit in the morning.


One of the best things I discovered about the packing cubes was that it's so much easier to take a certain outfit with you. By this, I mean that I, for example, took my party outfit with me since I wasn't going to wear it in the morning. It was incredibly easy to grab one cube and take it with me in my handbag, instead of stuffing the clothes into it.

The only negative thing about these products is that it took me some time to figure out how to wrap the packing bags. Eventually, I understood how I should wrap them without having air inside it. So it just takes some time.


I totally recommend these and I hope you find them as useful as I did. You can buy them from here, here, here, here and here. Partioaitta ships with a 3€ fee into Finland and with a 25€ fee into other countries. It's a really trustworthy store and I've bought a lot of quality products from there.

List of products in pictures
Osprey ULTRALIGHT PACKING CUBE LARGE
Osprey ULTRALIGHT PACKING CUBE MEDIUM
Osprey ULTRALIGHT PACKING CUBE SMALL
Osprey ULTRALIGHT DRYSACK 20
Frilufts WATERPROOF BAG M

I hope you enjoyed this tip! If you have any questions, please ask! This post was done in cooperation with Partioaitta.

-TH

Comments