Which European city should you visit next?


Europe is a continent with 46 countries. All of those countries have their own history and culture. Therefore, if you plan a trip to Europe, it's incredibly important to think what you want from the trip.

To help you with that, I decided to make a few top lists of European cities on different topics. So, here you go.


TOP 3 CITIES FOR FOOD-LOVERS



1. Naples, Italy: 
The birthplace of pizza is a must-visit destination. There you can discover more of Italian cuisine by testing the pizzas and kinds of pasta. The Mediterranean is next to the city and you can get the most of the city by walking in its beautiful old center. It's also recommended to try the small gelato shops and cafés.

2. Thessaloniki, Greece:
Many who visit Greece visit only Athens, but if you want to get the most of Greek cuisine, Thessaloniki is the place for you. Food is often made from local ingredients and it offers you a healthy Mediterranean cuisine including fish, salads, and vegetables.


3. Copenhagen, Denmark:
In Copenhagen, you get to explore the Nordic cuisine. The must-try dish is Smørrebrød, a Danish open-faced sandwich. They can include fish, shrimp, beef tartar, vegetables and so on. Lately, the city of Copenhagen has lured even more tourists to visit it, so don't wait too long!


TOP 3 CITIES FOR BEACH-LOVERS



1. Dubrovnik, Croatia
The trending country by the Adrian sea offers you beautiful, not-so-crowded beaches. Dubrovnik is the perfect place to combine beach vacation and city holiday since the beaches are right next to the historical old town of Dubrovnik.

2. Nice, France
Nice is the classical (and romantic) beach destination. It offers everything you need. Perfect Mediterranean beaches, a great city to explore the culture, shopping and so on. The only downside is that it's very touristy.


3. Porto, Portugal
This stunning sea-side city is perfect for a person who wants to find a peaceful destination to relax for a while. The Atlantic ocean and its waves make the beaches extremely clean in comparison to the beaches of Mediterranean. Porto is also a popular destination among backpackers since it's not too expensive.


TOP 3 CITIES FOR HISTORY GEEKS



1. Berlin, Germany
Due to the Berlin wall, the city's history is very interesting. The wall that divided Berlin into East Berlin and West Berlin broke down in 1989. It's only a few decades ago and you can see the differences still very clearly between different areas. Berlin offers you a lot of museums and memorials to visit.

2. Athens, Greece
During the years 499 BCC-323BC the Greeks built the base for European culture. Every part of science developed including philosophy, mathematics, physics and so on. Not to mention about art and sports. Athens is a place everybody should visit to gain some more perspective on our everyday life.


3. Istanbul, Turkey
Okay, I know - Istanbul is ónly half in Europe. I have to take it into this list because it has played such a big role in Europe's history. It was the center of Byzantine Empire and it was a melting pot between the Eastern cultures and the Western Roman culture. Byzantine culture is still visible in East Europe, in for example orthodox church.


I hope this post helped you to decide where to travel next! This series might continue later but with different topics :)
-TH

Comments

  1. I always wanted to visit france someday. France has some amazing cities and architecture which i would love to explore. Your images are so good. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I'm heading to Lisbon next which I'm excited about as I've never been before! But Berlin and Bruges are always my top suggestions! Thanks for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to spending a whole summer in Europe exploring all of these beautiful cities. I love food, beaches and history so I feel like you made my dream Europe bucket list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Rome? this one is full of history, much more then most of the cities in Europe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that's a really nice way to classify European cities! I have heard loads about the Nordic cuisine and I would love to head over to Copenhagen in Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would suggest head over to Naples, Italy. Being a pizza lover, I would like to know more about the city and various types of cuisine found there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute way of categorising the cities - I LOVE IT! I'm a foodie and more often than not, I choose my next city based on the food they have. Got to admit, that Naples and Sicily are very high up on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you've categorised these! I consider myself all 3 of them so looks like they're all on my bucket list! (So far I've been to Berlin, Athens and Porto and loved them both so much)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Short, clear and sweet. I loved how you categorized these cities according to their highlights. Great choices! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Original post! Hard to make up one's mind as there are so many charming cities here in Europe! Off to Oslo this week, also great for food lovers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only done Copenhagen and Berlin out of those, I feel weak! If you had to pick an ultimate favourite from your list, which would it be? I think Dubrovnik!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing content! Cant wait for our EU trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have provided some great options for each category. I have been to 40 of the European countries and agree they are all special and each have something different to offer! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely agree with Greece being on the list for food! Also - I'm trying to figure out which beach to go to in Croatia this summer... so this helps! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a history geek. I love ancient sites and so happy to find Istanbul on your list although like you said it is only half in Europe. It deserves its spot on any list of anyone who loves history. I am moving to Istanbul next year and I can't wait to explore it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list of cities and I like the way you split them into different categories. I am from London, but have lived in many parts of Europe and travelled extensively around. It would be hard to choose my next city, but I think it would be one of the Balkan capitals as that is an area I have not been to before, or Reykjavik, because it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Europe is such a diverse area compared to Asia. I'll travel to France, Italy someday by my own savings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to see Stockholm on that list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not a bad list at all! I disagree with Dubrovnik, not really a destination for beach lovers...unless you drive out of the city. Dubrovnik itself is still amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been on a Euro Trip 2 times but there are still so many cities I want to see like Dubrovnik, Athens, Provence etc. Thanks for your list. It will come in handy for my next trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this list! Such an easy, concise way to lay out your different European options. I've only been to one of these cities, Athens - definitely great for history lovers! I haven't been to Naples, but I have been to lots of other Italian cities, and it's hard to find bad food in Italy haha. But I do want to get some pizza in Naples one day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Porto is amazing, our Portugal has some amazing cities! We are doing an Eurotrip in one week so can;t wait :D
    safe travels,
    xx

    Patricia & Miguel
    www.freeoversea.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Trần Quốc Hưng6 June 2018 at 11:42

    My family and I very like to travel to European countries! This post is quite useful for me as an advice so that we can have as many trips as possible in the future to these beautiful country! Thank you so much for great content!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment