5 TIPS FOR FLYING + 5 TIPS FOR LONG FLIGHTS

Flying is one of the easiest ways to travel and usually the quickest. It can be very uncomfortable, especially if the flight lasts 10+ hours. I decided to share some of my tips on how to make your flight as comfortable as possible.



5 TIPS FOR FLYING


1. Take an empty water bottle with you

As you probably know, you are not allowed to bring liquids through the security check at the airport. You probably need water for your travel and if you don't want to buy overpriced water bottles from the airport, I recommend you to take an empty one from home and just fill in the airport after the security check.


2. Print travel documents

Nowadays most of the documents you need for traveling are online but I suggest that you print the documents. Therefore, if your phone doesn't have battery or it breaks or anything like that, you'll still have the documents with you. These documents should be, for example, passport copy, hotel/hostel information, and flight tickets.


3. Headphones

Headphones are your rescue for boredom. Download some music to your phone and enjoy it while reading, writing, working etc. If you want to sleep during the flight, download slow music to help you relax and fall asleep.


4. Download from Netflix or other

A good way to spend time while flying is catching up on the TV series you've been watching. Or maybe watch a movie you've wanted to see for a long time. Many streaming companies offer to download so you can watch the shows and movies offline.


5. Comfy clothes

Nothing is more annoying than having to sit on a plane for hours with clothes that itch or are otherwise uncomfortable. I use always the same clothes when I fly: a T-shirt, stretching jeans, and a hoodie. T-shirt and hoodie are a good combo since you can wear the hoodie if you get cold but you can also just be with the T-shirt if it's warm enough. Though remember that it's usually pretty cold in airplanes.


5 TIPS FOR LONG FLIGHTS

1.  Planes that ease jet lag

Some flight companies, for example Norwegian, have planes that have windows which darken and lighten to make sleeping easier for you. They change in order to make you switch to the time of the destination. I experienced it when I flew to San Francisco and it really was helpful since the 10 hours time difference is quite a lot.


2. Flight socks

Flight socks increase the circulatory in your feet and make sure that you don't get the embolism. You can also prevent that by walking or just moving your legs from time to time. Flight socks are especially important for elderly people but also younger people are recommended to use them during longer flights.

3. Meals

While flying long distances the food is in a big part. Ensure that the flight company offers a meal. Sometimes you have to pay for it but sometimes it's free. Usually, the payment is high so you might want to consider taking your own food from home.


4. Earplugs and blinkers

These two things are extremely useful when it comes to sleeping on the plane. They protect you from the distractions like a crying baby or too much light. Some flight companies actually offer you these but still, you might want to pack them - just in case.


5. Melatonin

 Melatonin is a hormone that makes it easier for you to fall asleep. It's completely natural and not a sleeping pill. You can buy it from pharmacies. Just take one or two pills before sleeping so you can fall asleep easier.


I hope these tips were helpful to you!
-TH

Comments

  1. All useful tips. I already do pretty much all of these things, and I'm rarely uncomfortable on a flight

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great tips! I was not away of flight sock but it is something I want to get for future flights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips, only I need to add the part where you suggested to bring the empty bottle so you can fill in after the security check. Please be cautious about whether the tap water in your point of departure is drinkable or not. This is because I come from Indonesia, and I used to live in Saudi Arabia, in both places, tap water is not drinkable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips, but I honestly don't know what a blinker is (or blinkers are)?? Other than that we follow all of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great tips! I had the unfortunate experience of developing a blood clot on my last long haul flight and compression socks have saved me! If you travel frequently, regardless of age, I highly recommend using them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful tips. I never go without printout of the travel documents for the fear of my batteries draining out. I also find noise-canceling headphones very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love ALL of these tips for flying! I never forget my Xanax... I mean, Melatonin. Ha! But, I definitely love the first one: take an empty water bottle. I do that all the time now! I'm tired of being ripped off for water bottles at the airport! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have covered most of the points. I just like to add travel pillow to the list. I can't sleep without them on plane! Quite useful article though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always carry my laptop so that I can write about the things around and inspiring stuff. Cause whenever I fly, I feel excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear by melatonin!! And never go anywhere without my water bottle. Great list thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are good tips! Its like a checker in my mind - when I kept reading the list. I also carry a book. Sometimes, that helps me get sleep better in the plane :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these tips are super useful! I would also add a portable charger, because there have been so many times where I've downloaded my movies off of Netflix, only to find out that the plug next to my seat doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh well, I write my blog when I have long plane. Always have something to do. In fact, half of my things are written in plan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always wear comfortable clothes as well.....I totally sacrifice looking good for comfort on the plane :-) The water bottle thing is a great idea. I always have a mini freak out about it as i need to take travel sickness tablets when i get on the plane and usually have to swallow them with no water. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!! I wrote a packing hack and we agree on most stuff. Nice idea to include melatonin as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have all really helpful tips. I am traveling next month. Your post is surely gonna help me out of the jetlag. I have never tried having travel tablets. Will look out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super useful tips here! Definitely agree it's a good time for Netflix... I binge watched a whole season of Breaking Bad on a flight last month ��

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such useful things. I follow mostly, except flight socks - thanks for the tip. I hardly carry my own food, but it's a nice thing to have something handy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. very helpful tips for my daughter who always find long flight boring. thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
  20. Earphones is in my must carry list. Plane socks seems to be quite a nice idea for long flights. Never thought of that. Thanks for sharing. Great tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment