"YOUR WAY TO TRAVEL IS THE WRONG WAY TO TRAVEL"


I love love love love travel communities. I really do. Seeing people achieve their dreams give you the inspiration to start to make your own dreams come true. Seeing other people traveling and enjoying life reminds you why you love to travel. It gives you the sparkle to keep saving money for the next trip instead of buying new clothes. The people are absolutely amazing and every single one of them is beautiful. But (yes, there's always a "but") sometimes people can get too narrow-minded and think that their way of traveling is somehow better than other ways.


There are people who travel due to their work, people who travel inside their own country, people who travel as far as possible, people who travel once every 10 years, people who travel every month, people who count their countries, people who travel because of gigs, people who stay in hostels, hotels, motels, Airbnbs, camping areas, ships, resorts... There are people who prefer planes, ships, trains, cars, buses, bicycles, walking... People who love to see the culture, taste the food, feel the spirit, listen to the music, see the attractions, stay as local as possible, shop, learn, teach, do sports, do arts, work, rest... Some travel alone, some travel with family, friends, colleagues, or just by themselves.


My point is - there is no such thing as traveling in the wrong way. And still, people might keep telling you that your way is the wrong way. For example, I've faced some negative comments in these travel communities because I like to count the countries I've been to. I feel very confused about the fact that people actually care about other people's business enough to comment that it's the "wrong" reason to travel somewhere. I enjoy seeing new places. My dream is to visit every single country in this world. But that doesn't mean I'm staying one night in a country just so I can cross it off my list.


Or some people think that to be a true traveler means that you have to travel with your backpack, sleep in very very cheap accommodations, and basically live without money. So basically, if you like to fly in business class, stay in 5-star hotels, and enjoy fine dining - you are not a real traveler. See the logic? I don't. People work for months to be able to have that kind of holiday. And if that's how they want to travel, then you shouldn't have any problems with it.


In my opinion, choosing how you want to travel is like choosing what you want to order in a restaurant. Maybe you want a burger, maybe a pizza, or pasta? No one would come and complain "Oh ordering a hamburger is the wrong way to order". So why do people do it with traveling?


Traveling is one of the best things in my life. It makes me happy. There's a lot of people who feel the same way as I do - probably you do as well. So please, don't criticize other ways to travel. Your way is great. So are the others. Traveling is beautiful in every way.


By this post I mean to make our communities even more supportive, not to hurt anyone. Let us all enjoy the beauty of traveling.

Comments

  1. I totally agree, I’ve been traveling for almost 5 years I hear this comment frequently. In my mind we should be encouraging more people to see the world (any way they want)
    As I believe travel can go along way to correcting many of our biases abc bring us together on global issues.
    Thrwanderingworker.co


    ReplyDelete
  2. All in to your perspective. My ideal way of travelling is to make the most of it by staying in a nice place and transporting around comfortably at the same time visiting the sightseeing place and actually going into the landmarks I am really interested to learn about it. I tried doing a budget trip but it just doesn't work for me. I don't really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that you are addressing this! I hate it when people say that I am traveling in the wrong way, I would never say that to another person! Every way of travel is beautiful :) I, for example, really love to travel slow while other people want to see the highlights really fast. And nothing wrong with both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that how you like to travel is your business and no one should be telling you it is wrong. I also like to stay in nice hotels, in fact I prefer all-inclusive resorts whenever possible. I work hard for my money and if that is how I want to travel that is up to me. Please don't let the negative people out there get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could write this article ! I totally agree with you ! Thank you for this vibrant message :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post, Thanks for the message

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree wholeheartedly with every word you say. There is no perfect way to travel, and everybody has their own style. I count my countries too! It helps keep me motivated to travel more. If other people think that's a dumb thing to do, then fine, I don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi
    to travel is a self aspiration and it is how an individuals decides the path , it is true that no one else is qualified to assess another individual's travel path or goals

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting post. Travel by our own way. Every traveller has its own way to explore for me I like to explore the place by their tourist sites, culture and cuisines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The title caught my attention :) Totally agree, freedom of living and travelling is similar to the freedom of speech - you may not like other people's opinion but that's about it. You shouldn't judge them. Everybody has the right to live their way as long as there is no harm to others/nature/land/locals/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah I agree, travel is super individual. For me, the only time I criticize someone's travel is when they engage in activities that are harmful to the people of the area, or animals. So things like riding elephants. Other than that, you do you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. People will always try to put you down or criticize you just because it's their nature. Do what you love and what makes you feel happy while you travel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Post! If you are planning to visit UK then pre-booked your airport parking and avoid long time wait and extra cost. You can also enjoy meet and greet at UK airports.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've visited so many amazing places! What about combining your travel experience with volunteering? I believe that it is essential that everybody has the opportunity to engage in such an important and worthwhile activity. Thus, I recommend you reading this post http://www.agsinger.com/how-to-travel-and-help-people/ to learn more about how to travel and help people all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I really need these tips and I'm glad that I found this blog at right time. I'm planning this summer to somewhere with my family . Now, I got to know about this places and I must say I' ll plan to visit here. Wow, I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment