A language trip with EF - is it worth it?


 Hi everybody! I'm so happy to receive all that positive incoming about the States post :)

In this post I'll tell you about language trips and is it really worth it. So, this summer I spent 3 weeks in Brighton, UK with the language travel company EF (change to your country by scrolling down the page and clicking change country). I got my trip as a confirmation present from my parents so I didn't have to pay it. My trip cost about 2100€. I know - it's expensive. But if you think about all the things it includes, well, you get food, education, activities, place to sleep and so on. But the price of the trip doesn't contain everything. For example the transportation ticket cost around 70€ for me which I think is stupid (why don't they just include it into that price?). Also some activities weren't free so you had to pay for them. But there was always a free choice.

Why did I choose EF?
I chose EF because I had heard a lot of good about it. My mom had gone to a similar trip when she was young and she went with EF too. EF also has a lot of experience about language trips and they are very professional. I checked the homepages of some companies and decided that EF was the best by what they were offering, at what price and how easy it was.

Why England?
I chose England because it wasn't too expensive and I really love the British accent (sorry America!). The other countries you could choose are for example France, Japan, Australia, USA, Malta, Spain, Germany and Sweden.

Did I live in a family or in a campus?
I chose to live in a family because I thought it would be easier to learn English when you actually live in the culture. My family was just one woman and her dog but I couldn't wish for a better family! There was also two Spanish girls who lived with me and they were really nice as well. But some of my friends I met during the trip lived in a campus and they liked the campus very much. So it's just about your personal preferences.

Did I learn English?
During my trip we had 3 hours of class every day. But it's not like school in normal school, it's more fun. We talked a lot, watched videos, created videos, built with legos, played different games and so on. It didn't really feel like school. The teachers were the best and they were English so they really helped me. I don't know if I learnt a lot of new words or anything but at least I got more confidence to speak English and I realized that it doesn't really matter if you say something wrongly.

Did I have any extra activities?
Yes I did. I had the fun pack which included laser zone, bowling, i360 tower, a T-shirt and Brighton Pier roller coasters. It was totally worth it because it only cost like 40€. Then I also had a trip to Thorpepark which is a huge amusement park near London. I think it cost 35-40€ and it was totally worth paying! Oh and our activity leaders were the best <3

How would I rate my trip?
4.5/5. I loved it so much and I made a lot of friends. Also my English got a lot better and I got so much new experiences. I took 0.5 away because the transportation ticket price wasn't included to the price and because my home was located 1 hour from Brighton so it took a lot of time to get to school. But otherwise it was one of the best experiences I have ever had.

Should I go?
Absolutely! You are so going to regret not going so take an advise from one of my favorite quotes:
"If you get a chance, take it, if it changes your life, let it"

And hey - if you are interested you can order a free brochure here :)
-TH

Comments